THE ONE RING: LORD OF THE RINGS 2ND EDITION RPG CORE RULEBOOK
Smaug has been defeated, the Battle of Five Armies has been won, and Bilbo has returned to the Shire. But much danger still remains, and from the Orc-holds of the mountains to the dark and corrupt depths of Mirkwood a darkness waits, recovering its strength, laying its plans, and slowly extending its shadow…
The One Ring Roleplaying Game is an award-winning tabletop RPG based on The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™ by J.R.R. Tolkien. Chock full of incredible artwork by leading artists, including John Howe, and with rules designed by award-winning games designer Francesco Nepitello, there has never been a game based on The Lord of the Rings™ more evocative of Tolkien’s unique vision.
Along with rich and detailed background information, character types unique to the world, and a setting that changes as the Tale of Years progresses, when you play The One Ring Roleplaying Game you really feel like you are playing in Middle-earth.
This new 352 page core book features updated rules based on years of feedback, stunning new art, and a beautifully illustrated map of Middle-earth. The game contains everything you and your friends will need to adventure in the lands of Middle-earth, including:
- A complete set of rules for roleplaying in Middle-earth
- Instructions for how to create your character and forge your own fellowship
- 11 unique Cultures and 6 different Callings to choose from
- A bestiary of enemies to face, from creeping Giant Spiders and hungry Wargs, to vicious Orcs and terrifying Stone-trolls
- Advice for telling stories that evoke the spirit and feeling of the The Hobbit™ and The Lord of the Rings™
- A complete Tale of Years spanning from the origins of the Third Age up to the default starting year of 2965 and beyond.
The One Ring Roleplaying Game was the winner of the 2012 Gold ENnie for Best Art, Silver for Best Production Values, winner of the 2012 Golden Geek for Best Artwork, winner of the Best RPG in show at Lucca Games 2012, and nominated for Best RPG at the 2012 Origins Awards.
We Also Recommend